Monday, June 21, 2010

Photo Enforcement Citations Inadmissible Hearsay

This blog is about an area of the law that is outside of my practice area. However, I thought it was interesting.

Last week, an Orange County Appellate Panel found that intersection camera citations are inadmissible hearsay. Unless the prosecutor puts a representative on the stand from the camera company or from the government to testify that the photo is a government record or business record, the photo is inadmissible. The photo enforcement citations are no longer automatic fines that must be paid by the public. Challenge the citation and you just might win.

I am attorney Robert. A. von Esch IV. I practice personal injury, real estate, business, and construction defect litigation. Please contact me via www.voneschlaw.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment