If you have been injured as a result of the carelessness of another, you may have a right to compensation from the negligent person. In order to assess the value of your case, you must consider the following:
1) Lost Wages
2) Medical Bills
3) Cost of Future Care
4) Pain and Suffering (1-3x the value of medical bills, depending on severity of injury).
5) Property Damage (car repairs, etc.)
6) Future Lost Earnings (if you can no longer work in the same capacity)
7) Loss of Consortium (spouse's loss of companionship, including sex, as a result of injury)
8) Punitive Damages (if accident was a result of careless disregard or with malice).
I am attorney Robert A. Von Esch IV. I practice property damage and personal injury law. If you have any questions or would like to get in contact with me, I can be reached via www.voneschlaw.com.